* 17. 05. 1972. Dernière mise à jour: 2020-10-06 16:48:10
Following his Matura, Patrik Gasser studied at the conservatory in Zurich (Lukas Christinat) and the Schola Cantorum Basiliensis (Thomas Müller) and graduated with a teacher's diploma. He then completed a three-year study at the University Mozarteum Salzberg under the tutelage of Professor Radovan Vlatkovic and Wilhelm Schwaiger. He received his orchestral diploma in the concert class of David W. Johnson at the Musikhochschule Winterthur Zürich.
- Courses and lessons with Erich Penzel, Will Sanders, Mischa Greull, Glen Borling, Nigel Downing and Jakob Hefti
- Field experience in the symphony orchestras of Biel and Berne
In addition to his orchestral activities (presence when necessary with the Berne Symphony Orchestra amongst others), Patrik Gasser dedicates his time intensively to the natural horn, Baroque horn and alphorn and plays with renowned chamber music partners. In April 2007 he played in the concert series "Les muséiques" at the Tinguely Museum in Basel with Gabor Boldoczki, Patricia Kopatchinskaja, Peter Sadlo et.al. under the direction of HK Gruber.
He is particularly interested in historical performance practice and cultivates this interest in such ensembles as the Capriccio Basel, Cantus Firmus, Chapelle Ancienne, Collegium Musicum der Jesuitenkirche Luzern, Ensemble Turicum, St. Galler Kammerensemble and the Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra Toronto.
- Teaching activities at the music schools of Burgdorf (Berne) and Kriens (Lucerne)
- Private teacher for horn and alphorn